Happy Tuesday! Today’s message is simple: Be kind…to yourself! I also say this as a gentle reminder to myself! As I tell my clients, I don’t ask you to try anything that I haven’t already tried myself! You see, I am always a work in progress, constantly trying to learn how to take better care of myself. That way, I can better understand what my clients need, too.
Here are some suggestions to do when you catch yourself being unkind to yourself:
- Talk to yourself the way you would talk to a friend!
- Talk to yourself the way you would want someone to talk to you!
- Praise yourself for small victories the way you would for someone else!
- Gently encourage yourself when you are in doubt of your abilities!
- Give yourself the room to be human and to make mistakes! Expect them!
- Nudge yourself along with words of encouragement when the hill seems too steep to climb!
- REST! Your mind and body need recharging on a regular basis! Listen to the cues to pause!
- Be your own best cheerleader! Don’t wait for others to cheer you on first!
Just imagine how much calmer you’d feel each day if you were kinder to yourself! Give it a try this week!
You’ve got this!