Happy Tuesday! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’d like for you to go to your closet right now as you read this! Open the door and open your eyes really wide. What is your first impression? How do you feel in this space? How do you feel about yourself in this space? What do you think about your mindset around what you wear? Do you think the clothes in this space are honored with organization? Does this closet feel like a boutique or the aftermath of a tornado?
HERE ARE 5 EASY STEPS TO REORGANIZE YOUR CLOSET:
- TAKE EVERYTHING OUT OF THE CLOSET. (You read that right, take everything out of the closet.)
2. DUST OFF THE SHELVES AND RACKS AND THEN VACUUM OR SWEEP THE FLOOR.(You may even want to slap a fresh coat of paint on the walls!)
3. EXAMINE EACH ITEM AS YOU PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK IN ONE SECTION AT A TIME. As you evaluate each piece of clothing before it goes back into the closet, create 3 piles: THROW AWAY, GIVE AWAY, AND KEEP. (rule of thumb: If you haven’t worn something in a year, it’s not important enough to you, so let it go!)
4. HANG ALL OF YOUR CLOTHES BY SECTIONS. For example, hang all of your pants together in the same section. You might even want to go a step further and have 2 sections (winter pants and summer pants) and color code each section so that your black pants are all together. This makes it easier to find what you want to wear faster and will save you time. Another idea is to use one color/kind of hangers throughout and to face your clothes in the same direction.
5. ONLY FILL YOUR CLOSET WITH CLOTHES , SHOES, AND ACCESSORIES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY. Life is too short to waste it cluttering up your closet with items that you don’t even like. Time to clear the clutter in your closet and in your mind!
Now it’s your turn to transform your closet into a joyful space that you find positive and up lifting. You have the power to create a space that honors your clothes no matter how big or small your closet is. Happy closet organizing! Post a picture below when your redesigned space is ready to showcase!
You’ve got this!